It's been a year, people. When coronavirus became real last March, it cast a spotlight on the strength and resiliency of Generation X. That was great for our generation - well-deserved! Overdue! Articles and news stories celebrated how we were raised in times that set us up for successfully weathering something like a pandemic storm. Experts and bloggers touted our adaptability and independence, and our ability to fill hours upon hours finding something to do. Gen X was the p
How #GenX are you? Give yourself 1 point for each "yes" you did growing up: * Saw at least three John Hughes movies.
* Passed a note to a friend between or during classes.
* Wore leg warmers or a Flashdance sweatshirt.
* Made a cassette tape.
* Knew the lyrics to at least three Madonna songs.
* Had a poster of Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, or Ralph Macchio.
* Read a Tiger Beat magazine.
* Read at least three Judy Blume books.
* Learned about growing up from Judy Blume books.
You can view it on Facebook here! We had such fun talking about Rob Lowe, Playa Bowls and tipping, Trapper Keepers and "back to school," the original MTV VJs, Peloton, drinking Truly Hard Seltzer and White Claw like a #GenZ-er, and more. #GenerationX #GenX #80s #Eighties #RobLowe #PlayaBowls #WhiteClaw #Truly #MTV
Don't miss my Huffington Post pieces on Generation X: